Friday, January 12, 2007

Baby Blanket






I picked up some 100% wool yarn from our local craft shop the other day just because I liked the color and the quality (it's extremely soft for being all wool). I then had the idea to make a baby blanket for my friend Jennifer who is now dialated to 2 cm and is anxiously awaiting the birth of her baby (gender unknown). I decided to do it in crochet, as I haven't crocheted anything in a long time, and was kind of curious as to whether or not I still knew how. The pattern is very simple - just single and double-crochet, and I'll just have to wing it on the edging, as I don't know how to do anything real fancy. I picked up a few more skeins today when I was in town so that I can finish it over the weekend. I'll post another picture when I'm done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful job Katie. You are so talented. By the way, I like the German word of the day on your blog. Love you.

January 16, 2007 11:03 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

I LOVE this and the pictures are wonderful.... send me the pattern BE!!! I have made about 40 scarves this winter--but it's the only thing I know how to do!!

January 16, 2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you stumbled upon this little corner of mine.

AB - I will send you the pattern but trust me, you won't be very impressed. Very, very simple. I'll have to count the stitches first...

January 17, 2007 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home