Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Baby Blanket 2




The crochet part is finished. I used only a small part of the last skein of yarn, so I wanted to make a baby hat with the rest. I was able to find a very simple pattern on line and quickly learn all of the "crochet-ese" I needed to know in order to read it. What a challenge that was! I got through it though, and it actually turned out ok. If you can believe it, I still wasn't out of yarn after the hat was made, so now I'm using every spare second to make some baby booties. I plan to go into town sometime within the next week and look for some matching satin ribbon to weave through the brim of the hat and the cuff of the booties, and maybe even the edge of the blanket. We'll see. I'll post another pic soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's beautiful. Can't wait to see the hat and booties too. Have you gotten to see the new baby yet?

January 18, 2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

No, we are going to (hopefully) get to go over and see her tonight.

January 18, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Tater said...

Will you make me a pink blanket?

January 22, 2007 4:55 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Like the one I stole from you when we were little?

January 22, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Tater said...

You stole a blanket from me?! The horror!! I would like the blanket to be hot pink and sparkely. How about I buy the yarn and send it to you. I'm really picky about my colors. :) Just normal yarn like Mom uses, right?

January 24, 2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home